Friday, May 25, 2007

Newton Running Shoes

"in the name of science" and my aching metatarsals, I ponied up and bought the latest of the greatest running revolutions aka fad. The Newton Running shoe.

Promoted by all the big names in running, it aims to create a forefoot/midfoot runner out of the average age-grouper and eliminate injuries. With a world champion price tag (although less expensive than the Asics Kinsei I have been running in), I'm going to try these shoes out and do a full review on their benefits. I'm really excited about these shoes, the research, science, and design seem to be right on track.

The package came from Colorado via the brown santa aka UPS. Now I have a particular loath for UPS because of the absurd "brokerage" fees they charge for US to Canada shipments. They appear to be the only shipping company who is still ripping off their international customers with blatantly unnecessary charges.

Newtons: 186.00
Shipping: 11.23
Brokerage: 44.21

55 bucks in shipping....Assholes. "What can Brown do for me?" - kick me square in the groin.

Too bad Newton is too inflexible to offer alternative shipping methods when I called them.

Anyway back to the shoes. The site describes your calfs will be tight after the first useage and they were right. My metatarsal were very comfy in these shoes though. I only ran for 40minutes and it was a fast one.

Some more wear and testing to come this weekend and a full report to come soon.

In the mean time support this.

b.

2 comments:

holly said...

Hi Brad,

I came across your post when I was researching Newton shoes (coincidentally, I think we used to work at Joey Tomatoes together??).

How do you like them? I am a natural forefoot striker and I was thinking about picking up a pair, are they worth it?

Holly

sasha said...

hummmmmmmmmmmmm
nice to read about newton running shoes.it look like Trainers Shoes?